- Bachelor of Engineering , Electronics and Communication Engineering from Saurashtra University, 2001-2005
- Rails v 1.2.5 to v 5.0
- Ruby 1.8.7, 1.9.3 , 2.2+
- RSpec, Capybara, WebMock
- Jasmine, Gulp
- React JS (Beginner)
- Angular JS (Intermediate)
- MySQL, MySQL Workbench / SQL Yog
- PostgreSQL, pgadmin
- MongoDB 2.4
- Mongoid 2.x, 3.x, 4.x
- Elastic Search
- Ubuntu 5.04 to 16.04 (Server and Desktop Administration)
- CSS3, SASS (compass, bourbon, neat)
- Media queries and responsive web design
- git, svn
- deployment using mina, capistrano
- Continuous Integration Tools - Circle CI, Codeship
- Apache, Nginx, Unicorn, puma
- AWS EC2, S3, Opsworks, RDS, Elasticache, cloudwatch, Route 53
- VPS management (linode, digitalocean etc.)
- Golang (Beginner)
- route & workflow
- Spree Commerce
- Payment Gateway Integration(Paypal, Stripe, Authorize.net,Indian Payment Gateways)
- Joomla (Installation, Configuration,Customization)
- Wordpress(Installation, Configuration)
December 2016 - Till Date
Senior Software Engineer, Airtasker
March 2016 - December 2016
Ruby on Rails Developer, Bulletproof Networks Ltd.
- Technology decisions for development, test and production environments.
- Develop and test features of various applications within bulletproof.
- Develop front end features.
- Write developer style guide
Foundation team handles software that require automation to several business processes within the company. The team develops and maintains several applications, rubygems developed using Rails 4.2, Ruby 2.2.3, Angular JS 1.5, RSpec, Jasmine.
- Added static security scanning to build process.
- Added dependency tracking for various projects.
- Integrated reports from EMC2 watch4net into the CRM System.
- Implement IP Allocation Management solution with api’s that can bridge across various systems in the company.
- Finish frontend application for SMS and Email broadcasting in Angular JS.
- Fix bugs and add new features to the frontend application.
- Fix issues and develop new features in the backend Rails api.
September 2014 - March 2016
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer, Flatmates.com.au
- Technology decisions for development, test and production environments.
- Design database for flatmates
- Develop features for site wide search
- Develop infrastructure based on AWS
- Migrate Data from existing website into the format of the new website.
- Develop front end required for the features assigned to me.
- Write developer style guides, system guides.
Flatmates.com.au greenfields build. Developed using Ruby 2.2.3, Rails 4.2.5, Elasticsearch, ReactJS, PostgreSQL.
- Build advanced search backend using Elasticsearch.
- build frontend using SASS (custom css framework using bourbon, neat).
- automate infrastructure using Opsworks Chef.
- Use AWS Opsworks to build the infrastructure - EC2, RDS, Route53, Elasticcache.
August 2014 - September 2014
Ruby on Rails Developer(Contract), Faria Systems, Taipei
Worked on building v1 of the SSO forward authentication API using Ruby, Rails 4.1.
- Design a new SSO system.
- Implement the SSO system.
- Integrate multiple applications with SSO System.
- User acceptance testing.
June 2013 – July 2014
CTO, Ruling Digital Inc.
- Technology Decisions and Architecture
- Conceptualization of New Features, Product Related Ideas
- Development of features
- Management and Streamlining of development process in the organization.
- Help improve other functions in the company (e.g. customer service process).
RulingOrbit is the flagship product of RulingDigital. It is a CMS for Universities and Departments. Version 2 of the product is written in php and mysql. The new version of the product is written in Ruby, Rails and Mongodb.
RulingOrbit v4.2 (June 2013 – January 2014)
RulingOrbit development in Rails 3.2, Mongoid 2.x, MongoDb 2.4, Ruby 1.9.3
- Development of core kernel of the application.
- Finishing version 4.2 of the product and preparing for release.
- Separated extensions of CMS into Rails engines and laid down developer guidelines for the same.
- Migrated extensions from the old plugin style.
- Conceptualized and developed architecture for git based update manager for updates to the clients. Earlier customer service team had to manually update the app using git. Now updates are pushed to clients just like android / iOS through our update manager.
- Conceptualized and developed architecture for app installer for the service team. Earlier customer service had to install the environment from scratch.
- Refactoring the code.
- Developed multiple modules and several bug fixes in the system.
- Documentation of product and process.
Orbit App Store: (December 2013 - January 2014)
New application of Orbit App store in Rails 4.1, Mongoid, Mongodb 2.4, Ruby 2.1
- Developed JSON API for extensions (modules, plugins) and templates.
- Custom methods for API authorization.
- Client verification and allowing in app purchase of templates and extensions.
- Module Downloading and installation.
- Differentiation between free modules, purchased modules and built in modules.
RulingOrbit v4.5(January 2014 - July 2014)
Complete rewrite of RulingOrbit in Rails 4.1, Mongoid, MongoDb 2.4, Ruby 2.1.
- Facilitated in migrating the git hosting to gitlab from github. Each module is a rails engine maintained in a separate repository. Hence, there were several repositories (almost 50 repos including the modules for old and new versions).
- Designed a fresh architecture for the application to suit the syntax and semantic of Rails 4.1.
- Development of application core kernel – Module Registration, Template registration, Plugin Registration, Authentication and authorization framework, member management module.
- Development of modules, plugins – rails engines with separate functionalities.
- Created Initializer templates for modules and plugins.
- Custom form builder for member profiles and roles. The customer can configure custom fields for member profiles and specific roles.
January 2008 – May 2013
Co-Founder, CEO, Safew Technology Labs
Worked on several client projects and products for in Ruby 1.8-1.9, Rails 2.x - Rails 3.x, MySQL
- Responsible for setting up the company legal process
- Team recruitment
- Programming and Architecture - Responsible for Architecture and Creation of a niche high technology product aimed at SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) in India.
- Hands On Coding & Deployment
- Project Management, Client Interaction
- Marketing and Sales – Responsible for Marketing a niche high technology product to SMEs in India.
June 2008 – December 2008
Co-Founder, COO India Operations, Innozon Software Pvt Ltd
Worked on various products for in Ruby 1.7, Rails 2.3, MySQL
- Team Recruitment
- Training and Team development
- Product Management
- Feature Design and App architecture
- Ensuring timely Product Delivery
August 2005 January 2008
Software Engineer, Satyam Computer Services Ltd now Tech Mahindra
Worked on various projects for internal use Spring Framework, Hibernate, MySQL, Ruby 1.7, Rails 1.0
- Responsible for Development of Requirements
- Develop Applications for Supporting Internal Business Units
Open Source & Community work
- Won first prize in the Microsoft Azure Hackday. Built an app that analyzes facial expressions of the staff and calculates their happiness index using Ruby, Rails, Java and Azure Cognative API.
- Contributor & Mentor, Rails Bridge
- RubyGems Contributions
- Former Community lead at Twincling Open Source Community involved in active promotion of Open Source technologies in Hyderabad.
- Organizer, Open Source Entrepreneurship Forum a 2 Day 1 track conference in Hyderabad covered in Mint
- Organized Install fests in Universities – Ubuntu, in partnership with Canonical.
- Organized code retreat , Rails hackathon in Mumbai.
- Visting Univerisities and Educating Students on Open Source technologies and importance of contribution (eg vjti.ac.in)
- Developed Microworld with volunteers for a community development project used for Microcredit lending.
- Developed iRaas an open source initiative of Glenmark Pharma to increase transparency in Medicine.
- Currently involved in maintaining SelectBox
- Writing documentation and maintaining StackBox